There are certain essential items students will need in school every day. In order to carry them, and any books and equipment specific to any particular day, a bag big enough to hold an A4 sized folder is required every day. We recommend a sports bag / holdall. A plastic bag will be neither robust nor secure enough to last the rigours of a school day and a boot bag is not big enough for school books.
Students will have the opportunity to use a private locker. Students may go to these lockers at breaks or lunchtime, not lesson change over.
- Pencil case
- Coloured pencils
- Blue or black pens
- Pencil sharpener
- Calculator (available to buy from the Maths department)
- A reading book
- Student planner (issued by school)
- Geometry set
There are some things students must not bring into school, these are:
- Alcohol or Drugs
- Weapons of any kind including any form of gun (imitation/bb/air)
- Knife or sharp bladed objects
- Laser pens
- Chewing gum
All the above items will be confiscated and only returned when a parent/guardian attends school to collect the item. It is important to note that the governors and staff of Hurworth School DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE/LOSS TO PROPERTY BROUGHT INTO SCHOOL. Any mobile phone iPod brought to school must be handed to the office on arrival. Failure to do so will result in a sanction being applied.
The same liability applies to school trips and visits.
- Any other items of value which the pupil should not have brought into school or has misused in some way might – if the school judges this appropriate and reasonable – be stored safely at the school until an appropriate family adult can come and retrieve them.
- Items which the pupil should not have had in their possession particularly of an unlawful or hazardous nature may be given by the school to an external agency for disposal or further action as necessary. This should always be followed by a letter to the parents confirming that this has taken place and the reasons for such an action.